WBBZ-TV Supports Junior Achievement Bowl-A-Thon!
EVENT SITE: http://www.jawnybowlathon.org
The 33rd Annual JA Bowl-A-Thon events will take place on March 4 & 11, 2017!
The JA Bowl-A-Thon, presented by Bank of America, is not only a fun event; it is also JA’s largest annual fundraiser! Proceeds from the JA Bowl-A-Thon help JA to provide financial literacy, work readiness, and entrepreneurial programs to over 14,200 local students.
HOW IT WORKS: Individuals raise funds as part of a team of 4-6, representing their company. Each participant is asked to raise a minium of $50 each and earns rewards at $75 and up. Lane fees are just $5 per bowlers which includes fabulous bowling shoe rental and two games of bowling (some companies opt to cover this fee). Fundraising can be done easily via the event site www.jawnybowlathon.org.
If your company is not currently involved with the JA Bowl-A-Thon and you would like more information about sponsorship opportunities or getting teams together, please contact Tammy Bixby at 716-853-1381 ext. 210.
Top 10 Individual Fundraisers:
- Sharrell Billups, Tops Friendly Markets $9,840
- Jere Reed, Independent Health $2,589
- Brian Olkowski, RONCO Communications $ 812
- Joe Daniels, Independent Health$ 667
- John Waterman, Tops Friendly Markets $ 612
- Rob Bixby, JA of WNY$ 600
- Garfield Knott, Bank of America $ 545
- Taylor Hakes, Kenmore Rotary$ 512
- Kurt Amico, MidCity Office Furniture $ 500
- Bob Simcoe, MidCity Office Furniture $ 495
To find out more results from the 2016 event, click here for the JA Bowl-A-Thon By The Numbers.
To view photos from past JA Bowl-A-Thons, visit our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/jaofwny.